The Taj, one of the seven wonders of the World and a World Heritage site, is best seen under moonlight. It is said the Taj changes its colors during the full moon nights. Visit the Taj during full moon nights for the most memorable and everlasting impression. Taj is also very enchanting at dawn and sunset. With limited access, the Taj is now open for five nights each month for nighttime viewing around the full moon nights. The total number of visitors is restricted to 400 each night. Only 50 visitors in five batches are allowed at a time for 30 minutes each between 2030 hrs to 0030 hrs.
Night viewing of Taj is not allowed on Fridays and during entire the month of Ramadan/ Ramazan. Taj remains closed on all Fridays.
TAJ MAHAL NIGHT VIEWING INFORMATION
- Taj Mahal Night viewing is opened for 04 hours from 08:30 PM to 12:30 AM. On full moonlight nights only.
- Eight batches of 50 tourists oscillate between 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM , total 400 of visitors per night.
- Tourist must reach Shilpgram (Eastern Gate Taj Mahal Parking) half an hour before the scheduled time mentioned on their ticket for security checks and from there they will be taken in the batches of 50 person per group by battery Van and back.
Requirements: Please e-mail all documents to email@example.com
- A scanned copy of passport.
- A Scanned copy of visa to India.
- Name and address of hotel/ guest house in Agra where you will be staying and how long.
- Name address of hotel/ guest house of your stay prior to arriving in Agra.
- Your home address, cell phone or home number/s.
- Valid e-mail address and cell number.
- Please mail money order / bank check at least five days prior to arrival in Agra.
- If you prefer the ticket/s to be delivered to your hotel, please add $ 6.00 delivery expense.
- Or you may collect the ticket/s from Agra office on the day of visit or one day prior to visit.
- The tickets are non transferable.
- Ticket and fees are non refundable.
To purchase the night viewing entry ticket/s to Taj Mahal, please e-mail/ mail the above documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|FULL MOON (POORNIMA IN NIGHT) YEAR-2017 TO 2020|
Travellers look forward to visiting Agra just to have a glimpse of the splendid Taj Mahal. The extraordinary beauty of the mausoleum carved out of white marble is undoubtedly one of the best amongst the Seven Wonders of the World. Taj Mahal can be visited during the day time on all days except Fridays. But, the monument looks bewitchingly stunning when seen under moonlight and it has the name Taj Mahal moonlight tour. You will find the view spectacular during the night when the moon is gleaming bright. This is a sight you will cherish for life.
Day's and Time to Visit Taj Mahal at Night
Taj Mahal is open to visitors on the nights five days a month – two days before the full moon, on the full moon day and two after the full moon day. The timings set for the visit are between 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM.
Itinerary of Taj Mahal moonlight tour
Pick-up from Delhi
Begin you day early from Delhi. Our representative will pick you up from the hotel and drive you to Agra in a car. It is an approximately a drive of 2 hours and 30 minutes from the Taj Express Highway. You can break journey and have breakfast on your way or if you aren’t quite hungry then you can wait till you reach Agra where you can enjoy a late scrumptious breakfast.
A Stroll in Agra
Besides the Taj Mahal, Agra is also home to several other historical monuments such as Akbar’s Tomb, Agra Fort, Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah, Chini Ka Rauza, Jahangir Palace, Mehtab Bagh etc. You can choose to visit some of them during the day. The Sadar Bazar has some of the best leather products and local cuisines of Agra which you can enjoy too.
Taj Mahal in a Moonlit Night
Finish your day’s tour and freshen up to enjoy the mesmerizing view of Taj Mahal in the night. There is a security check that you need to go through so it is best that you reach by 8:00 and finish the formalities. 8 groups of 50 visitors each are permitted at a certain time gap to enter the gates and every group has 30 minutes to explore its beauty. You are permitted to see the Taj Mahal from outside. Entrance inside the mausoleum at night is forbidden. You are permitted to take a camera and click pictures but recording a video is restricted.
The view of Taj Mahal under the gleaming rays of the moon is simply breath-taking. Cool breeze from the River Yamuna add to the charm of the beautiful environment. It is a wonderful sight that you can treasure for life. Halt the night in a hotel for you must be tired from the hectic day that you have had.
Back to Delhi
The driver will pick you up from your hotel early morning and drive you back to Delhi through the same Taj Express Highway. You can take a drop at a choice of your place and can stop in between your journey and have breakfast in a restaurant.
- A/C Car for all sightseeing & long run as per itinerary.
- Accommodation(3 Star Hotel) with breakfast.
- English speaking guide.
- Driver allowances & fuel charges.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Parking charges.
What’s not included
- Monument entry fees.
- Camera Fees
- Expenses of personal nature such as: Laundry, Tips, Phone calls, medical bills etc.
- All the other expenses which are not mentioned in above package cost include.